The Best Ways to Utilize Floor Decals
Floor decal sales spiked in 2020 and 2021 in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Basically a large sticker, custom floor decals became an essential tool in social distancing efforts, encouraging 6-foot spaces between individuals standing in lines at the grocery store, at ballgames, and various social functions.
Aside from the pandemic, floor decals are a practical and creative signage choice, and for a number of reasons:
- They are a great solution for both temporary and permanent use.
- They can be custom-designed and cut to almost any size or shape.
- They are relatively inexpensive.
Interested in specific ways you might utilize floor decals for your business, retail space, or institution? Read on!
Identity Group’s visual décor products – including our floor decals and grocery store & retail signage – set the tone for your consumers’ buying experience. Contact us today about your floor decal needs!
Floor Decal Use #1: Wayfinding
One of the best uses of floor decals, in our humble opinion, is wayfinding. According to RSM Design, a wayfinding system should accomplish two things: help the user orient themselves in a space, then help them navigate to a specific destination.
Think of the endless possibilities and settings you could use a floor decal for wayfinding, whether indoors or outdoors:
- Schools and higher education campuses
- Hospitals and other medical facilities
- Retail spaces, malls, and grocery stores
- Offices and corporate spaces
- Churches and places of worship
- Stadiums and sports complexes
- Airports, subways, and train stations
- Museums and art galleries
- Amusement parks, gardens, and trails
Floor Decal Use #2: Branding & Advertising
When it comes to your branding efforts, Coastal Creative claims that floor decals are “now more relevant and useful than ever,” and we couldn’t agree more. Americans currently spend 4.7 hours a day looking at their phones, catching glimpses of the floor as they simultaneously look at their phones and walk, eat, exercise, etc. If your customers’ line of vision is directed at the floor or the ground, then they inevitably won’t see your sign on the pole or the wall.
The solution: Put your sign on the ground with a floor decal! It might be your brand logo, or it might be an advertisement, but a sticker will meet your customer where they are.
As an educational institution, you could put your school’s mascot or seal on the floor of the school lobby or in the sports locker rooms. As a retailer, you could place a floor decal in a dressing room. As a business, you could place a sticker in front of a sign that says, “Take a selfie in front of our sign!” There are lots of ways to get creative with this!
Floor Decal Use #3: Delighting
Whether your goal is an educational or purely artistic experience, floor decals can be delightful for your customers, no matter their age!
You might use a floor decal to create:
- A life-size checker or chess board
- A learning space of colors, numbers, and letters
- A monogrammed dance floor for a wedding or event
- A trail, or footprints, leading to merchandise or an experience
- A 3-D experience, like a portal transporting customers into another realm or world
- A printed or handwritten quote or proverb
Consider more ideas by visiting our inspiration guide!