Cookeville, TN / Operations / Hourly Non-Exempt
The Tipper applies painted color surface to raised copy on signage by utilizing hand screening and any other equipment or processes required to produce quality products efficiently and cost-effectively with minimum supervision.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Perform all aspects of tipping, including preparing panels and screens, mixing custom color inks, and utilizing tipping equipment and tools.
- Receive racks of product and work orders and review for tipping. Apply masking if necessary.
- Sort according to color and layup material for the most efficient tipping applications.
- Mix paint according to specifications. Check the accuracy of ink matches by inspection.
- Prioritize orders by ship dates and daily rush rack to ensure completion in a timely fashion.
- Check the quality of materials to detect flaws that may result in defective products.
- Tip product ensuring even distribution of color and coating. Remove paint flash and re-tip as needed.
- Check the quality of completed products and return to rack. Unmask as needed and send rack to Paint for clear coat.
- Demonstrate regular and consistent daily attendance at the Cookeville Campus.
- Perform daily clean-up and trash disposal of the work area. Maintain and clean screens and squeegees daily.
- Observe safety regulations, including the use of masks and gloves when necessary.
- Complete daily production records, work center inventory control, assist in controlling of material losses and posting of finished components. Maintain a clean, organized, and hazard-free work environment.
- Comply with all Identity Group policies and procedures.
- Perform other job functions as assigned by Supervisor or designee.
- Quality Control testing/adhesion test.
- Knowledgeable of ink mix.
- Ensure operating knowledge of all available processing equipment and processes.
- Basic understanding of computers.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Basic math and reading skills.
- Regularly must be able to sit, talk, see, hear and occasionally walk.
- Continuous standing may be required, as well as frequent lift/push/pull up to 50 lbs.
- Must occasionally bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach and handle and frequently use fingers for keying.
- Must be able to wear required personal protective equipment (PPE) for extended periods of time.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- One+ year(s) in an equivalent work environment required.
To apply, click the apply now button, or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org , you can also mail your resume to Identity Group, Attn: HR, 1480 Gould Drive, Cookeville, TN 38506.