Cookeville, TN / Purchasing / Full-Time
The Senior Buyer maintains a strategic methodology in selecting supply partners that ensures optimal growth and reciprocated success for us and our partners. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience with:
• Planning, Procuring and maintaining specified commodities of raw materials, equipment, tools, parts, supplies, and advertising.
• Ensure products are requested and/or delivered in a time frame to ensures 100% customer satisfaction.
• Solicit, review and persuasively negotiate bid proposals to obtain favorable service, price, availability and delivery terms.
• Strategic management of our supply base to ensure we maintain a strong and reciprocated alliances.
• Knowledge of industry and manufacturing process to be able to estimate values and recommend alternative sourcing along with make-vs-buy decisions.
• Maintain system integrity regarding procurement records, such as items or services supply base, costs, delivery, product quality or performance, and inventories.
• Approval of price/quality discrepancies and the ability to hold our supply partners accountable for any defective or unacceptable goods or services.
• Keeps abreast of market trends, changes in business practices in the assigned markets, new or altered types of materials entering the market, etc.
• Take the lead on cycle count activity and schedule. This includes organizing and participating in weekly cycle counts, yearly physical inventory of raw and finished goods inventory. Improve system and accuracy.
• Maintains confidentiality of company information and complies with Identity Group policies and procedures.
• Demonstrates consistent onsite attendance and completes job functions as assigned by Manager.
• Assists Management with safety and environmental compliance (EPA, DEP, OSHA and DOT).
• Regularly must be able to sit, talk, see and hear and occasionally walk and stand.
• Sedentary work frequently may lift up to 10 pounds.
• Must occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, grasp, and frequently use fingers for keying.
Education and Experience:
• Four-year college degree in related field with a minimum of 5 years of progressive procurement experience.
• Strong written, analytical, and oral skills. Knowledgeable of Microsoft Office Suite.
• Understanding of ERP/MRP and inventory management.
To apply, click the apply now button, or email your resume to email@example.com , you can also mail your resume to Identity Group, Attn: HR, 1480 Gould Drive, Cookeville, TN 38506.