Cookeville, TN / Operations / Hourly Non-Exempt
Identity Group is a fast-paced, ever-changing environment delivering exciting sign projects to major hospitality and custom brand clients as well as office products nationwide. The Quality Inspector is responsible for reviewing products and materials during and after manufacturing to make sure they meet Company requirements. Duties include measuring objects compared to their intended physical specifications, viewing the overall workmanship of products to ensure they meet the Company’s Quality Standard, identifying defects, and initiating reworks and repair as required.
- Reads shop drawings and specifications to ensure that product meets all criteria.
- Recommends and communicates necessary adjustments to shop drawings, artwork, and processes.
- Checks that the assembly or production line adheres to standards and procedures.
- Inspects materials to ensure they meet specifications as needed.
- Uses measurement tools to ensure specifications are met.
- Rejects products that do not meet production standards and recommends rework and/or repair steps to correct product.
- Reviews inspection results with the Quality Supervisor and Production team.
- Performs inspections at random to assess product quality.
- Accurately records reworks and inspection results.
- Ensures all documentation is complete and accurate.
- Approves paint and digital color matches.
- Complies with all Identity Group policies and procedures.
- Maintains confidentiality of Company and employee information.
- Performs other job functions as assigned by manager or designee.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Analytical and problem-solving skills, with an attention to detail
- Technical skills and ability to understand shop drawings, documents, and manuals
- Knowledge of basic math and computer skills
- Strong leadership skills and teamwork mentality, with the ability to influence others to follow rules and regulations
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of quality disciplines, such as 6S, PDCA, ISO9000
- Regularly must be able to sit, talk, see and hear and occasionally walk and stand
- Comfortable standing or walking for long periods of time, and ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Must occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, grasp, and frequently use fingers for keying
- Will require occasional overtime work (when approved by a manager)
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- ASQ CQI certification preferred
- 1-2 years’ experience as a Quality Control Inspector preferred
- Experience using calipers, rules, pin gauges, go/no go gauges and other measuring equipment
To apply, click the apply now button, or email your resume to email@example.com , you can also mail your resume to Identity Group, Attn: HR, 1480 Gould Drive, Cookeville, TN 38506.