Cookeville, TN / Operations / Hourly
Identity Group – Cookeville Campus is a fast-paced, ever-changing environment delivering exciting sign and stationery products to major hospitality and custom brand clients nationwide. The Digital Press Operator is a key part of this service.
The Digital Press Operator will have experience operating and maintaining an Indigo 7900 digital press, a Conon C8120 digital press, and an Oki Pro 900 digital press for business cards and other stationery.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Coordinate with PA1 Line Lieutenant and FQA Manager to gain understanding about which orders have a high probability of being packed and/or shipped daily.
- Coordinate with PA1 Line Lieutenant and FQA Manager to ensure high-priority orders (Green Frog and Hot Rush) are expedited.
- Coordinate with PA1 Line Lieutenant and FQA Manager to develop a plan to organize/store incomplete orders until complete and ready for shipment.
- Ensure the use of standard operating procedures (SOPs)/standard work instructions (SWIs), with particular attention to scanning order paperwork.
- Maximize efficiency of Packaging Work Center by ensuring coworkers have all materials and supplies (boxes, tape, bubble wrap, etc.) necessary to complete work.
- Facilitate Operations through the use of specialized skills such as:
- Forklift driver
- Shrink Wrap operator
- Carpentry skills for crate building
- Perform operator level maintenance (Mx) on equipment (tape machines) in accordance with (IAW) preventive maintenance (PM) schedule (as applicable).
- Gather and report data on root causes of failure to meet customer requirements (rework).
- Assess the actual work completed versus the planned work on a daily basis using the “Labor Report” and review results with coworkers.
- Gather and report data on root causes of failure to meet benchmark throughput volume (i.e. machine Mx, lack of operator, training, etc.).
- Serve as the liaison between Sign and Warehouse operations and be proficient in shipping products LTL.
- Obtain and maintain proficiency in shipping software programs (Clippership, QAD, Labelview).
- Coach, Teach, and Mentor coworkers in the most effective and/or efficient methods to complete work.
- Comply with all Identity Group policies and procedures.
- Maintain confidentiality of Company and employee information.
- Regularly must be able to sit, talk, see, hear and occasionally walk.
- Continuous standing and frequent lift/push/pull up to 50 lbs may be required.
- Must occasionally bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach and handle and frequently use fingers for keying.
- Regularly must be able to sit, talk, see, hear and occasionally walk and stand.
- Must occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch, reach and handle with frequent use of fingers for keying.
- Frequently may lift to 30 lbs.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED with one year of similar experience is preferred.
To apply, click the apply now button, or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org , you can also mail your resume to Identity Group, Attn: HR, 1480 Gould Drive, Cookeville, TN 38506.