Maintenance & Engineering Manager
Maintenance & Engineering Manager
Cookeville, Tennessee / Operations / Full-Time
Identity Group is a fast paced, ever-changing environment delivering exciting sign projects to major hospitality and custom brand clients as well as office products nationwide. The Engineering Services Manager is responsible for managing personnel to provide support services for all technical areas at the Cookeville Campus. Those services include Manufacturing & Industrial Engineering, Product Engineering, Development & Design of product and processes, and Production & Facilities Maintenance. In addition to management, the position provides Engineering assistance directly to production, customers, estimators, and offsite campuses.
• Develop, implement, and maintain processes and procedures to ensure adequate engineering discipline is exercised in the equipment and process development. This could include FMEAs, capability studies, process flowcharts, scrap reduction, improvement in productivity, etc.
• Ensure manufacturing equipment and tooling are available to run production as required.
• Develop, implement, and maintain equipment standards and engineering standards.
• Checks that the assembly and production processes adhere to standards and procedures.
• Increase plant capacity by improved process and equipment reliability through continual improvement.
• Develops manufacturing strategy and specifies short-term and long-term plans and programs.
• Reviews and approves plans for the control of planned outputs, budget spending, productivity, engineering services effectiveness, and human capital utilization.
• Promote an attitude of customer responsiveness in dealing with production issues regarding customer concerns.
• Reviews and approves cost control reports, cost estimates, and manpower and facilities requirement forecasts.
• Estimate equipment, tools, and floor space requirements to support new and existing business.
• Oversee management of Operations’ capital budget projects.
• Establishes goals, monitors, and evaluates the performance of direct reports as well as career plans. Identifies key employees for growth and succession planning. Teach, coach, and develop personnel. Identifies training needs, initiates development plans of direct reports, and recommends effective personnel actions.
• Ensures competitiveness for the company through motivational aspects which stress the importance of discipline and participation in company’s continual improvement.
• Ensure adequate personnel support is available for all processes and equipment on all shifts, whenever production is running.
• Complies with all Identity Group policies and procedures, including maintaining the confidentiality of Company and employee information.
• Represent the Company in business and community activities when appropriate.
• Performs other job functions as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
• Analytical and problem-solving skills, with an attention to detail.
• Verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong leadership skills and teamwork mentality, with the ability to influence others to follow rules and regulations.
• Able to function as part of a multi-cultural team.
• Strong organizational and planning skills.
• Understanding of quality disciplines, such as PDCA and ISO9000.
• Demonstrated communication and facilitation skills.
• Fluency in PC tools: Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, Outlook, and Minitab.
• Able to travel overnight both domestically and internationally.
• Comfortable standing or walking for long periods of time, and ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
• Regularly must be able to talk, see and hear.
• Able to perform as an Engineer (climbing on machines, lifting heavy objects).
Education and Experience:
• BS degree in an engineering discipline, prefer Mechanical, Industrial, or Manufacturing Engineering.
• Fifteen (15) years of engineering, manufacturing, and maintenance experience in similar industries with five (5) years managing technical professions.
To apply, click the apply now button, or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org , you can also mail your resume to Identity Group, Attn: HR, 1480 Gould Drive, Cookeville, TN 38506.