CNC Router Operator
CNC Router Operator
Cookeville, TN / Operations / Hourly Nonexempt
Identity Group is a fast-paced, ever-changing environment delivering exciting sign projects to major hospitality and custom brand clients nationwide. The CNC Operator is a key part of this service.
The CNC Operator routes letters, signage, backers, logos, and graphics utilizing CNC routers, sign software programs, and any other equipment or processes required to produce quality products efficiently and cost-effectively with minimal supervision.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Operate CNC routers using EnRoute, Icut and Mach3 software.
- Perform work while following safety guidelines.
- Prioritize orders by ship dates to ensure completion in a timely fashion, and that regular orders are cut on a first in, first out basis.
- Prepare machine for operation, including table prep, vacuum system, machine speed, router bit selection, and raw material sizing calculation to program. Verify art files and select raw materials as specified on work orders.
- Check the quality of raw materials to detect flaws that may result in defective products.
- Utilize other shop equipment as needed, including but not limited to band saws, routers, sanders, drill press, and table saws.
- Check the quality and quantity of completed products and place them in boxes according to work orders.
- Will, on occasion, perform material prep, material cleaning, and final assembly for all product lines.
- Train to become proficient with operating all routers.
- Perform daily clean-up of router table and assist in the daily clean-up of the work area.
- Complete daily production records, boxing/labeling, work center inventory control, assist in controlling material losses, and posting of finished components.
- Maintain a clean, organized, and hazard-free work environment.
- Work as part of a Team to maximize productivity and efficiency.
- Communicate effectively with both Management and fellow Team Members.
- Comply with all Identity Group policies and procedures.
- Maintains confidentiality of company and employee information.
- Performs other job functions as assigned by manager or designee.
- Will be exposed to moving mechanical parts; must be mechanically inclined and experienced with the use of hand tools.
- Strong math skills are required.
- Must be able to read and interpret procedures and make quality judgments.
- Must be willing to be cross-trained and work in multiple areas when assigned.
- Regularly must be able to sit, talk, see, hear and occasionally walk.
- Continuous standing and frequent lift/push/pull up to 50 lbs may be required.
- Must occasionally bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach and handle and frequently use fingers for keying.
- Must be able to wear required personal protective equipment (PPE) for extended periods.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- 1+ years of router and computer experience
To apply, click the apply now button, or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org , you can also mail your resume to Identity Group, Attn: HR, 1480 Gould Drive, Cookeville, TN 38506.