Corporate Campus51 Century Blvd, Suite 100
Nashville, TN 37214
Location: Nashville, TN
The VP of Technology (VPT) provides overall creative leadership/direction for all IdG enterprise solutions/consumer solutions, eCommerce technology, systems (hardware & software) and network infrastructure, user support services, and information security. The responsibilities associated with this role include ensuring that IT resources are forward thinking, creative, dynamic and strategies are aligned with business objectives, maintaining a disciplined operational environment, managing team members and team makeup, effective financial management, and internal/external customer satisfaction. The VPT is a key partner in IdG’s core Organizing Principles for Customer Service. The VPT participates in monthly management meetings as well as strategic planning sessions. Additionally, the VPT utilizes their ability to manage multiple priorities, be creative, dynamic and can relate to a strong millennial group of team members creating our customer focused eCommerce solutions while providing strategic leadership by articulating IT needs and plans to the Executive Management Team and shareholders while ensuring that the CEO is kept informed regarding all business issues.
▪ Catalyst: Instigate innovation through transformational change to business architecture, strategy, operations and technology; be on the forefront of emerging technology and solutions especially in the area of eCommerce.
▪ Strategist: Partner with the business to ensure that IT strategies are optimally deployed to best deliver and support business objectives. Be a creative and a solution-oriented influencer to take IdG to the next level of technology solutions.
▪ Operator: Deliver efficient IT services to support the business while effectively managing risk in terms of protecting data assets and assuring system availability.
▪ Technologist: Constantly reassess technical architectures and designs with the goal of increasing agility and decreasing complexity in mind while balancing with appropriate cost vs. benefit, need vs. want analysis, and senior management input.
▪ Actively promote IdG’s company culture and values.
▪ Actively participate and support emerging technology and support of eCommerce and enterprise solutions. Keep our systems, software, updates, solutions ahead of the technology curve. Be a dynamic partner in the future of our technology solutions to grow our business.
▪ Function as a strategic business advisor to the C-Level leaders, senior management of each Division Unit or specialty support team regarding key organizational and management issues.
▪ Collaborate with C-Level Leaders to establish a sound business plan in support of advancing the mission, values and objectives of IdG.
▪ Maintain high level of communication with the Company’s CEO, CFO, CHRO, COO and Corporate Marketing Officer.
▪ Manage the IT functional teams (Back-end Systems & EDI, Systems/Network Ops) priorities to ensure that they are deployed to the fullest extent possible and working effectively towards the company’s key objectives.
▪ Architect solutions to business challenges, evaluate purchase vs. build, orchestrate, execute deployment.
▪ Function as Business Development consultant in both a pre-sales and post-sales capacity when needed to establish or update complex enterprise customer relationships.
▪ Establish, maintain and enforce IT guidelines and standards.
▪ Develop annual capital and expense budget; manage expenses to budget, reducing expenses where possible.
▪ Review and negotiate customer agreements as they pertain to IT components.
▪ Keep up-to-date on technology trends, security threats & countermeasures, the “Cloud”, etc.
▪ Comply with all Identity Group policies and procedures.
▪ Maintain confidentiality of company and associate information.
▪ Perform other job functions as assigned by CEO or designee.
Skills and Qualifications:
▪ Deep knowledge of all Information Technology functions.
▪ Excellent people skills with an ability to partner with a dynamic Leadership Team.
▪ Skilled in leadership, strategic thinking, decision making, results driven, relationship management, business acumen and financial management.
▪ Impeccable communication skills, both written and verbal.
▪ Excellent project management skills to lead cross functional teams through technology implementations, process changes and business re-engineering projects.
▪ Creative problem solver who thrives when presented with a challenge.
▪ Excellent leadership, team building, and management skills.
▪ Ability to utilize metrics and analytics.
▪ Must have excellent negotiation skills coupled with natural persuasive abilities.
▪ Flexible, nimble and able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently.
▪ Ability to work within an ambiguous and fast-paced environment while also driving toward clarity and solutions.
▪ Demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities and guiding investment in people and systems.
▪ Possess personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to Company mission.
▪ Annual Sales growth to hit or exceed plan.
▪ EBITDA goals to hit or exceed plan.
▪ Support of E-Commerce growth initiatives.
▪ Other Corporate objectives as deemed appropriate by the President and CEO.
▪ Regularly required to talk, see and hear.
▪ Frequently required to stand, walk, reach, grasp and use fingers for keying.
▪ Sedentary work.
▪ Occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch, and lift up to twenty-five (25) pounds.
▪ Regularly requires long hours and frequent weekend work.
▪ Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel will be expected.
Education and Experience:
▪ Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university.
▪ Ten (10) years of experience gained through increasingly responsible management positions in IT.
▪ Five (5) years of IT experience in an image-based custom product manufacturing environment.
▪ Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a senior management role.
▪ Strong technical skills and business acumen.
▪ Strong knowledge in MS Offices applications and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems.