Sales Development Executive-Visual Décor & Interior Signage
Location: Portland, Maine
Identity Group is one of the fastest growing companies in the interior sign industry. We have a wide range of exciting products for the Retail and Grocery industry. Our strength comes from our people and the high level of quality and service we provide.
Our Headquarters is in Nashville, TN with manufacturing facilities throughout the United States. Our Visual Décor operation is located in Portland, ME. Compensation is commensurate with experience and includes a base salary plus quarterly bonus based on sales goals.
Our sales people have the desire to seek out new clients, find opportunities and close sales. The successful candidate must be professional, creative and a team player. They must have the ability to connect with customers and provide retail signage and décor solutions to meet the client’s needs. Good communication and project management skills are important. Attention to detail is critical when documenting sign specifications and working with our graphics and production departments. Previous sign sales, installation experience and knowledge of retail and grocery channels is helpful.
- Identify new customers and opportunities. Update our CRM system with short term/long term opportunities and account development status.
- Utilize effective oral, presentation and written communication skills to develop strong business relationships with the customer and across all levels of the Organization.
- Demonstrate a consultative approach to sales and the ability to add-value to your clients.
- Demonstrate a high degree of understanding of the products, territory, accounts, industry, marketplace, objectives, business drivers, initiatives, requirements and factors critical to success.
- Provide weekly and monthly updates to senior leadership regarding the management of sales development initiatives and budget goals.
- Maintains confidentiality of company and employee information.
- Complies with all Identity Group policies and procedures.
- Performs other job functions as assigned by manager or designee.
Requirements and Benefits:
- Regularly must be able to sit, talk, see and hear and occasionally walk and stand.
- Perform sedentary work; frequently may lift up to 10 pounds.
- Must occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, grasp, and frequently use fingers for keying.
- Self-starter with strong organization and follow-up skills.
- Position may require extended overnight travel.
- Competitive base salary and commission plan.
- Company paid holidays and PTO.
- Medical, dental & vision plans, health savings accounts, flexible spending accounts and 401K plan with Company match.
- Company paid life and disability insurance.
- Travel and mileage reimbursement policy.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent sales experience.
- Two (2) years sales experience in related field with potential interior signage clients.
- Demonstrable history creating relationships and gaining new business as a result.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.