Sales and Pricing Analyst
Location: Nashville, TN Office / Cookeville, TN Campus
Job Title: Sales and Pricing Analyst
Pay Type: Salary Exempt
Reports To: Profitability Manager
Prepares timely and accurate sales reporting for all divisions of the company. This position will be required to analyze past and current sales data and incorporate competitor and market data to provide a comprehensive understanding of sales and pricing policies/initiatives to Senior Management. This position must be able to pay close attention to detail and possess the analytical skills to detect patterns and trends, as well as a working knowledge of the company’s processes. Creative thinking and initiative are necessary for the sales analyst to improve on existing methods of reporting.
- Generates and distributes regular sales and revenue reporting (daily, weekly, and monthly sales; division sales projections and forecasting).
- Work closely with all areas of the organization including eCommerce and Marketing to provide a detailed understanding of the marketplace and competitive environment.
- Assist in pricing analysis for product and market sectors.
- Prepares sales variance analysis by business, customer and product analysis with explanations and/or corrective actions.
- Develops monthly and annual division sales for forecast/budget preparation.
- Proficiency in managing and analyzing large amounts of data through Power BI or similar business analytic tool.
- Works with Sales Managers on commission calculations plans.
- Must have excellent analytical skills with respect to utilizing large amounts of data.
- Adheres to Identity Group Financial policies and guidelines.
- Maintains confidentiality of company and associate information.
- Supports departmental goals including Lean Manufacturing initiatives, 5S, teamwork, participation in value stream and product development team activities as required, 8-D problem solving and all other methods of continuous improvement.
- Complies with all Identity Group associate policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates regular and consistent daily attendance at the Nashville, TN Office / Cookeville, TN Campus.
- Performs other job functions as assigned by manager or designee.
- Regularly must be able to sit, talk, see and hear and occasionally walk and stand.
- Sedentary work, frequently may lift up to 10 lbs.
- Must occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, and frequent use of fingers for data entry.
Education and Experience:
- BS in Accounting or Finance. CPA preferred.
- 2 – 4 years’ experience in Accounting/Finance in a manufacturing environment or with a CPA firm.
- Advanced Excel skills required.
- Experience with Power BI or similar business analytic tool.
- Experience with ERP systems; QAD experience a plus.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple priorities/projects is required.