Location: Cleveland, OH
Position Summary: The Cutter Operator is responsible for cutting digital and conventional printed pieces to finished size, cutting parent sheets to various sizes to supply pressroom needs, kitting, poly wrapping, finishing memo pads, changing cutting blades, and other assigned duties.
Job Duties and Essential Functions:
- Cutter must prioritize jobs at the start of the shift. Priority is determined by the time needed in shipping.
- Cutter will cut jobs to finished size, and in some cases, package, and match appropriate invoice with product.
- Cutter is required to communicate all problems encountered to the Pressroom Manager in order to determine if the problem is equipment related or operator related.
- Cutter must keep his/her cutting machine and immediate area clean and organized at all times.
- Cutter must report all safety concerns to Management/Supervisor immediately.
- Cutter must be willing to work scheduled overtime as needed to accommodate changes in the print schedule and meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Demonstrates regular and consistent daily attendance at the Cleveland campus.
- Complies with all Identity Group and Cleveland Campus policies and procedures.
- Performs other job functions as assigned by manager or designee.
- Regularly must be able to sit, talk, see and hear and frequently walk and stand.
- Frequently may lift, push, pull, and/or carry up to 25 pounds and occasionally up to 75 pounds.
- Must occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, grasp, and frequently use hands and fingers.
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Printing or graphics background desirable.
- Must display a positive attitude and be willing to operate as part of a team.
- Knowledge of cutting and printing equipment desirable.
- Basic math comprehension.
- Ability to read a ruler
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Must be willing to work at a steady pace in order to complete work in a timely fashion.