Location: Nashville, TN Office
Job Title: Content Strategist
Department: eCommerce and Digital Marketing
Pay Type: Salary Exempt
Reports To: VP of eCommerce and Digital Marketing
Location: Nashville Campus
Introduction to IDG:
It’s nice to meet you! We’ve probably already met once or twice. Identity Group (IdG) is a 65-year-old American manufacturing company that provides signs, visual décor, and office products for thousands of brands, spaces and individuals. From Marriott Hotels to the new Salesforce Tower in downtown San Francisco, we create signage solutions that fill these spaces from top to bottom. And we don’t stop there. We pump out everything from business cards to stamps and note cards, too. With 285,000 square feet of manufacturing space, we’re one-half creative thinkers and one-half mad scientists. We take a lot of pride in helping all our customers make a lasting impression.
Our Team Mission:
IdG has created a brand new eCommerce and Digital Marketing division. Our team is responsible for designing, building and marketing the IdG sub-brands and platforms from the ground up.
You Should Apply If:
- Creating something from scratch excites you.
- You live a “We” vs. “Me” mindset.
- Big projects with big outcomes motivate you.
- Others would describe you as humble.
- You ask “why” and question the status quo.
- Always doing the right thing is of the utmost importance to you.
- You understand good work takes time, but speed also wins.
- Fun is a part of your every day.
- You are a self-proclaimed lifelong learner.
- Always exceeding expectations is your thing.
About Your Role:
We’ve got some fun sub-brands looking for someone to write content (blogs, social media posts, email copy, etc.) that upholds the individual personality and creativity of each brand.
You will also be in charge of managing our social media channels. That means when you create content, you’ll post it too and manage comments.
Three of the four sub-brands are eCommerce related:
- Meet waluv.com, a spanking new lifestyle/home décor-focused brand that has a plethora of very cool products that the company has never offered before to a B2C audience.
- Meet Monsterprint.com, a brand we’re in the middle of rebranding with a product catalog of additional office products, stock signage and custom signage for people who want to make a monstrous impression in every interaction. It’s loud, fun and bold in every way.
- Meet Redi-Tag; an office supplies brand for the most productive people who need to always be “Redi.”.
- Lastly, we have the Identity Group (IdG) parent brand itself. We are mostly a pitstop for wholesalers and resellers who need interior signage for their commercial/retail spaces.
- A great planner, writer, and editor who can bounce back and forth between creative brands to more sophisticated brands.
- Loves to tell stories and generate content ideas to tell them best.
- Loves data and psychology to build compelling campaigns.
- A great communicator and team player who can give clear direction and collaborate well.
- Helps create, manage, deploy and optimize for engagement on email, social and PPC campaigns.
- Someone who enjoys planning and creating content and feels comfortable using tools/apps to build it themselves with iPhone and apps. Of course, you’ll have the support of a rad creative team, but it’s crucial you can come up with concepts on your own and a bonus if you can execute the simplest of your ideas on your own.
- Has experience building strategic partnerships for content opportunities.
- Familiar with social media best practices across all platforms and blogging best practices.
- Familiarity with MailChimp, Google AdWords, and Facebook Business Manager and the Creative Hub.
- Likes to do competitive research and is excited about finding the angle that sets our brand apart from competitors. We operate in highly competitive markets so it takes creativity, cleverness, and outside-the-box thinking to own this work well.
- Most of our brands have only been offered to a B2B audience – you will be responsible for growing our audiences from scratch and managing both B2B and B2C content for brand awareness, sales, and lead generation goals.
- Can report on campaign performance and can make clear recommendations on what’s working, what’s not working, opportunities and next steps.
- Can implement SEO best practices.
- If you know HTML and CSS – bonus
Who you’ll be working with:
You should know that our team has been carefully curated from the ground up. We’ve been patient in finding the best people in Nashville to help grow our eCommerce efforts into a multimillion-dollar sales channel. You’ll report directly to the VP of eCommerce and Digital Marketing.
- Our Sr. UX/UI/Product Designer who has been known to create “thoughtful” designs (aka tough, but rad designs) for our websites. He’s an avid rock climber and once had a pop song written about him.
- The funniest, gentlest teddy bear of a graphic designer who has all kind of secret superpowers beyond design. He’s a print enthusiast and sometimes is so cool for school that he wears sunglasses indoors.
- A marketplace specialist and product manager who has been with the company for 13 years! Everything you need to know about IdG, he knows it. He is a retired tennis player and once took his kids to Two Bits on Demonbreun.
- Our Director of SEO is the best at continuously learning and who hogs every whiteboard in the office with her “Rain Man” notes. She once lost at office giant Jenga and quietly admitted she’s never had a shot of tequila.
- Our favorite (and only) front-end developer who, get this, is a former ballerina. She shimmied her way down to Nashville from CLE and loves naps.
What we need from you:
- Along with your resume…
- Create a campaign for one of the brands above – under the “About your role section.”
- Choose an audience that makes sense to you. Explain your reasoning.
- Create the following campaign materials:
- 1 Blog
- 3 social media posts
- 1 headline and a hero image for website
- Metrics you think are best to measure your campaign
Please email Misti Copley (email@example.com) a zip folder of all your application materials. Thanks!