This position is primarily responsible for effective problem resolution and maintenance of the Company’s hardware, software, network and related infrastructure. The successful candidate will have the ability to manage (and assess) multiple priorities appropriately, effectively communicate status to users/management, and complete projects quickly with minimal supervision. Additionally, the preferred candidate will be a self-starter with the ability and willingness to work as part of our Corporate Information Technology Team.
- Install, configure, maintain, and troubleshoot desktops (Mac and PC) and servers as necessary to support the business. This includes hardware, operating systems software, anti-virus, telnet, MS Office, various graphics packages (both Mac and PC) as well as other software programs utilized as part of the infrastructure.
- Evaluate user requests and needs for validity with a cost/benefit mindset and provide cost effective services/solutions.
- Maintain and troubleshoot voice and data network hardware and software.
- Enforce the Company’s data access policies such that each user is granted access to the minimum extent required to complete his or her job function.
- Work with Operations, Sales & Marketing, Customer Service, and other internal/external clients to implement customer requirements and to provide technical support services.
- Have excellent communication and troubleshooting skills.
- Provide off-hours support to the extent necessary during night-time and weekend hours. This includes “emergency” situations with little or no advance notice as well as planned maintenance activities which are best to be conducted outside of normal business hours. This position comes with “on-call” responsibilities.
- Possess aptitude to learn additional technology platforms and graphic applications.
- Demonstrate regular and consistent daily attendance at the Cleveland Campus.
- Comply with all Identity Group policies and procedures.
- Maintain confidentiality of Company and Associate information.
- Perform other job functions as assigned by Supervisor.
- Regularly must be able to sit, talk, see, hear, walk and stand.
- Sedentary work.
- Frequently may lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, grasp, and frequently use fingers for keying.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Knowledge of Adobe, Enfocus, Quark, and other graphics software/applications used to manipulate graphics.
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience working in a technical support environment.
- Working knowledge of Symantec Endpoint Protection & Veritas Backup Exec.
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP Networking.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows / Windows Server, MS Office and related software.
- Working knowledge of Apple OSX & Applescript.
- Working knowledge of Linux Operating system.
- Working knowledge of Avaya telephone & voice mail systems programming.
- Knowledge of electronic pre-press, high-end digital offset printing, and related equipment/processes.